Created on 22 December, 2022 | 82 views | 7 minutes read
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
But first, here’s the TL;DR version:
We then use this information to help you make the most out of our app and to deliver ads and content that is relevant to you.
It’s not inherently evil, it’s just how we make sure that when you hear from us, it’s really helpful to you.
For all the technicalities, read below.
How we collect information
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect information in three basic ways:
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide to become a registered user of our Service, such as an email address.
- We collect information when you register on the Site or Service by logging into an account that you already have with certain third-party social networking services (each, a “3rd Party Site”) (including, but not limited to, Instagram and Twitter) via our Service.
- For example, our Service allows you to create an account and login to the Service using your Instagram account credentials through Instagram Connect.
- If you are not currently registered as a user on the Service and you click on “Sign in Using Instagram,” you will first be asked to enter your Instagram credentials and then be given the option to register and join.
- When you browse or use our Service, technological tools including but not limited to “Log Data”, “Cookies”, “Web Beacons”, “Pixels” collect certain information, as explained in the following section.
What information we collect and how we use it
- Personal Information
- When you register with us through the Service to become a registered user of mylnk.bio, we may ask you for certain information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Billing address
- Email address
- Geo-location info
- Non-Personal Information
- We also collect other information that you provide as part of registration and use of the Service that cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact you (e.g., without limitation, age and votes) (“Non-Personal Information”).
- For example, we may combine your Personal Information (like your username) with Non- Personal Information (such as the app features you use) and aggregate it with information collected from other mylnk.bio users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Service is used.
- We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- Log Data
- When you visit the Service, whether as a registered user or a non-registered user just browsing, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics.
- We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service and the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors’ needs and wishes. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Service again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
- We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests.
- Like many online services, mylnk.bio uses “cookies” on our Service to collect information.
- Second, we might utilize “session ID” cookies to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor aggregate usage by mylnk.bio users and web traffic routing on the Service.
- Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Service and then close your browser. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Wordpress to power our website--you can read more about how Wordpress uses your Personal Information here: https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and web page usage.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- TWITTER - https://help.twitter.com/en/safety-and-security/privacy-controls-for-tailored-ads
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.